St. John’s Concord
John and Margery Hannum of Concord were baptized in an early Quaker separatist group formed by George Keith who was subsequently ordained in England as an Anglican priest. They donated one acre off the northwest corner of their hundred acre property for St. John’s Church in 1702.
A plaque in the middle of what is now the cemetery shows where the first church, a 24′ x 36′ log building, stood. A brick addition was built onto the Log Church in 1769, and the log was replaced by stone in 1790. The present Greet Revival church building was erected in 1844.
It is Historic Resource #102 on the Concord Township Historic Resources Inventory, protected under the Historic Preservation Ordinance.